Thursday, August 6, 2009

Traveler's Inspiration Challenge {5}

Hey everyone! Well I survived school clothes shopping! :) We just have a few more things to pick up before school starts. I can't believe Summer is almost over, it went by so fast! I have been wanting to do Tina's Traveler's Inspiration Challenge this week, but I have been so busy, that I just did it today! The inspiration picture is from the talented Claudia (aka-Clouds), she actually saw this everyday growing up! How amazing is that? I lived at the beach when I was a small child, but the beach was nothing like this!! The picture reminded me of the trip to Destin, FL. last year. I have made another layout from this trip for the Traveler's Challenge {3}. I am making a whole album of this trip, so I thought I would add another page to it! The picture in my layout is my view, while I was laying down on the beach! I loved the sand and the water so much there! The sand was like powdered sugar and the water was the prettiest blue and green! I could have sat there all day long!! We plan on going back for my 30th birthday in October, I can't wait! The inspiration for the colors, was from my swim suit and I just had to use some of my new punches that I finally found at Michael's! The scallops reminded me of the circles on my swim suit too! :) It's a really simple layout, but I wanted to focus more on the picture of the view! I am still working on taking pictures of layouts, I needed a darker color behind the layout, so guess what I used? My High School Graduation gown! No lie! It worked, so I guess that's all that matters, right?! OK, so here it is!
Here is just the picture!
Supplies:
Paper- My Mind's Eye,SU!, white & black cs
Stamp- Autumn Leaves-journaling stamps
Ink- Versamark- watermark
Accessories- American Crafts- Thickers, EK Success- large scallop, Fiskars- small scallop

Have a Blessed Day!


10 comments:

Traveling Mama said...

I adore this! How cute!! What a great page!

Maureen said...

I love that you used your gown for the background!! LOL...too funny!! I was at Michaels today and picked up that small dotted scallop punch...I've waited about 2 months for them to get it in...finally! LOVE this page :) The scallops are perfect and wow! what a cute little bathing suit and gorgeous scenery :) Oh, and I've given you an award over on my blog today!! Check it out and enjoy :)

Christina Smith said...

Such a cute page! I've missed you! You have been quiet on your blog lately.

Amanda Winkelman said...

Love the simplicity of the page, you did a great job on Tina's challenge~ I've hve wanted to participate in that one too, but just haven't had the time.....

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cool Winter! I love that pic.. awesome! Congratulations on getting in the Raspberry Suite spotlight... that is awesome!! :)

claudia shadler said...

very nice LO! I like it a lot! I'm happy that you found inspiration from the pic! I like your pic too!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Savitri said...

What a great pic and layout!!! The colors on the picture is awesome!!!

Dotty Jo said...

Terrific layout Winter, and I love your picture too. If I had tried to take a photo of the sea over the top of my tummy all you would see was tummy!
Have a great weekend sweetie, Jo x

Ann said...

OMGosh, this is absolutely awesome!!! LOVE this LO!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Such a wonderful page and such a wonderful picture! I wouldn't mind being at that beach right now! :)