Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #14, Traveler's Inspiration Challenge {six}, Inspiration Challenge #1

Hey everyone! I finally had time to make a card that I could share with you! I wanted to play in several challenges, but didn't have alot of time. So I made one card for 3 challenges! The colors are from Dawn's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge, I really liked these colors together, but that red was a little hard for me! Here's the colors.I also made this card for Tina's Travelers Inspiration Challenge at TravelingMama's. The bridge really reminded me of this new scallop punch I got last week. I have noticed that it only punches through one brand of paper, the paper gets stuck on all the other brands! Weird! :) Anyway, I also thought the raspberry pink matched the flowers in the picture too! I have been trying to make layouts for this challenge, but time just didn't allow. Here is the inspiration picture. Isn't that bridge pretty?!
I also found a new Inspiration Challenge from Dawn over at Stamp Away With Me, where we are to use chipboard. Well I hope ya'll like it and I hope you all go play in these challenges, they are so fun! :)
Supplies:
Paper- Cardstock- cream, pink, red
Stamp-Inkadinkado- Gem Stone Insects, Autumn Leaves- hand drawn alphabet
Ink- SU!- pink passion, Studio G- purple
Accessories- chipboard negative, EK Success- big scallop punch, cream- satin ribbon- Offray
ETA- Martha Stewart glue and glitter

Have a Blessed Night!

21 comments:

Dawn said...

This is adorable! Haven't had a chance to do the color challenge yet, but plan on it. Purple is a HARD color for me. Thanks for playing along!

Betty Wright said...

Winter, this is fabulous!!! Love your proportions used of each color and the butterfly is fantastic!!!

Maureen said...

Winter! This is fabulous!! Get ready to be in the top 10!! Amazing use of the colours...I love it!!

papertrails leaver said...

OM goshhhh!! What a beautiful card! I love the stamped butterfly because it's so intrictae! Oh the big pink scallop pops on the purple. Love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very pretty Winter! I love that big scallop.. I want one! Great job combining three challenges! You go girl!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Winter...this is amazing work girl! :) You totally rocked all those challenges! Your in the Spotlight for sure with this winner!! Wooot!

Kim J. said...

Way to combine the challenges! Love it! :) That butterfly is simply divine.

Maile Belles said...

Wow, Gorgeous!!! Great way to combine the challenges! Don't you just love that embossed curves border punch?!

Courtney Baker said...

This is fantastic - love it. Also, I want that punch! So which paper will it not cut through?

Anonymous said...

your card is simply fab!

Traveling Mama said...

Winter, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the butterfly! And I am so glad you liked your goodies! You made out well with those other contests too! Yay!!
Hugs from Morocco!

Dotty Jo said...

Winter, this is just so beautiful. I really struggle with chipboard, but you really have it sussed. Love that butterfly stamp, Jo x

Savitri said...

Just gorgeous!! love the huge butterfly! Very pretty!!

Anabelle O'Malley said...

This is so cute, Winter! I love the butterfly!

Rose said...

Lovely card, Winter! That butterfly is gorgeous :)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

How creative to pull the bridge detail out of that picture. Love both takes on the challenges.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

{PurpleD} said...

Such a lovely card, Winter! I should dust my big scalloped punch myself! :-)

Taheerah said...

Loving that butterfly! Very unique card!!

claudia shadler said...

Wow Winter, this card is super beautiful! WOW! I can't stop wowing, hehe. I love the LO of the card and the colors go oh so well! The butterfly is gorgeous!

Clouds :D

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card! The butterfly is gorgeous and so are those big scallops!

Angie Tieman said...

This is so beautiful and creative!! I love the "U" that you created!