Friday, August 28, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You #33

Hello again! I wanted to share this card I made for the 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge! It was such an honor to be one of the Fab 5 last week! Thank You Laura & Kazan! And Happy Birthday Laura! :) Well, today I bought some new stamps, and I thought I would use one for the card! It is this cute little tree! I wanted it to be a Fall card, so I made the leaves on the tree orange. I guess they just haven't feel out yet! :) It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but if you look real close, you can see the leaves and acorns I stamped on the back ground paper in Versamark. I am really loving burlap right now too, I think it might be the texture it gives the card! It reminds me of sack races at Fall festivals! :) OK, so here it is! Supplies:
Paper- cream, orange. red, brown, & green cardstock
Stamps- Hampton Art- tree, Recollections, leaves and acorns, PTI- mega mixed messages- Happy, Target $ spot- Fall
Ink- ColorBox Chalk- chestnut roan, Versamark- watermark
Accessories- burlap

Have a Blessed night!

12 comments:

suzARTe said...

such a gorgeous card, love the hessian strip

Kelley Eubanks said...

Super cute Winter! Love the burlap! Did you buy that or did you just have it already? I would like to have some of that! I guess I just want one of everything! I have issues! :)

cnelson said...

lovely! love that burlap!

~amy~ said...

ooooohhhhh...wonderful! Love the burlap with the gorgeous tree!!!

Maureen said...

love the pop of red and the burlap...I don't like Fall, but you have me warming up to it :) LOL

Dawn Cosgrove said...

So cute!! That burlap is a wonderful idea!!

Kim Sonksen said...

Love that card! Especially that piece of burlap, makes the card pop!
Thanks for playing with us at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

Laura Davis said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes Winter! Your card is fantastic! I love the burlap:)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Courtney Baker said...

You and me both girl! I love all things burlap (mainly in decorating, but I promise I've been thinking of ways to using in paper).

Super cute card!

Anonymous said...

I love burlap! This is such a great card! I hope all is well with y'all :D Take care girl!

Traveling Mama said...

Could this get any cuter? I think not!! LOVE it! Oh, and some of our friends from here are in TX right now and they have been SO bummed out with the heat. We are from Atlanta so we know all about the humidity. Ugh! I once heard that in Morocco it is about 15 degrees cooler in the shade because the heat is so intense. It is so true! Guess we should have thought about that when we chose a house on a hill! LOL!!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card! The burlap is so cool! I am ready for Fall! :)