Friday, August 28, 2009

Inspiration Challenge

Hello everyone! Well I got to play in some challenges today! Yeah! With football and cheerleading started, we have games every Saturday, so I knew if I wanted to play, I better do it today! The Talented Tina at TravelingMama started a new Inspiration Challenge. She posted some pictures from the Medina in Morocco. The pictures are really amazing! There are so many pretty things in there! :) The picture I choose for my inspiration, was the one that her 4 year old took! :) You can actually see them stretching the string in the picture, so cool, but something else that caught my eye, was the mannequins in the back ground! I have never been to the Medina in Morocco, but I would love to one day! So for my card I thought about, what you might see in a little boutique here in Texas! I stamped some houndstooth on white cardstock, to make it look like fabric, added some ribbon at the top and some tulle at the bottom ( I have been seeing the tulle at the bottom of skirts lately) ! Then I pleated it, to look like a skirt and made a little top to match and hung it on a mannequin and added some pearls! And of course a little price tag! :) I really like how it turned out! Ok, so here it is!
Supplies:

Paper- white, black, turquoise, & cream cardstock

Stamp- Hero Arts- houndstooth, PTI- mega mixed messages, Studio G- Style stamp

Ink- StazOn- jet black

Accessories- tulle, white stitching- sewing machine, black grosgrain ribbon, hand cut mannequin & top, crocheting thread, pearls

Have a Blessed night!

13 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh my goodness Winter! How cute is this? I absolutely love it! I have been on the lookout for mannequin stuff to use on cards! I saw a card a while ago with a chipboard mannequin... loved it! This is so cute and creative!

Anonymous said...

Your card is lovely...The pleated skirt is fabulous... Great job. :)

Traveling Mama said...

Oh my goodness! This is SOOOO cute!!!! Seriously! LOVE it!! Oh, and yes, I'm sure Autumn would be very happy if you would win these slippers!! :-)

Dotty Jo said...

Winter, this card really is 'absolutely fabulous'. So witty and clever, that pleated skirt with the tulle is just amazing. Love it, love it , love it!!! Jo x

Rose said...

This is soooooo adorable, Winter! I love the skirt and the stitching around the card.

Unknown said...

So cute! When I first looked at the skirt I thought it was fabric until I read the description on how you made it!

Maureen said...

the price tag and skirt are adorable!! I miss going to all the wonderful vintage/gift stores in Texas. My sister lives in Austin :)

Kim J. said...

Love your creative take on this challenge! Awesome! :) Now I'm trying to figure out what I would do with the same theme: stuff you'd see at a boutique in SLC. Hmmmm.

Laura Bassen said...

This is so creative!! Awesome skirt!! Great job:)

Christina Smith said...

That's SO cute!! Very creative!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Really fun card and great color. What a great take on the inspiraiton photo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Angie Tieman said...

How cute!! Love that little skirt!

~kelly marie~ said...

This is so adorable! I want to own that skirt! :)