Friday, August 14, 2009

Card- {heart} you

Hey everyone! Well I need to be cleaning house, but I thought I would post this card first! My daughter is leaving tomorrow morning to go to Alabama with a friend of hers for a 4 day vacation! She has never been away that long without family. I wouldn't even let her go if I we weren't good friends with her Mom, we all went to High School together. So I feel a little bit better about letting her go! I will probably be worried until she's back home, safe! I'm a lit bit of a worry wart! :) We have a rule with our kids, about no cell phones until your older! I think kids are growing up way to fast now days! But we broke down and bought a cheap TracPhone from WalMart with prepaid minutes, for her to bring, ONLY for this trip! She understands that when she gets home, the phone is taken back and put up!! :) Anyway, back to the card! So I wanted to put this little card in her bag to let her know that we love her! Please pray for a safe trip for them and pray that I try to relax! :) I made this card for the Studio G Challenge Sketch #14 over at Paper Craft Planet. I was to use Studio G stamps, and you all know I love Studio G stamps. I love this color combo, and I have used it before, so I knew that I would like it! Autumn loves blue and Zebra print, so I knew she would like it too! So here it is, I need to go clean now! :)
Supplies:
Paper- white& red cardstock, My Mind's Eye- blue, Grid paper from office supplies at WalMart
Stamp- Studio G- Father's day stamp
Ink- StazOn-jet black, Studio G- red
Accessories- Offray- Zebra print grosgrain ribbon, Rhinestones- WalMart, EK Success- punch

Have a Blessed day!

6 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Very cool Winter! I just love that ribbon! Good for you with the cell phone! My husband and I were having that same conversation today! We have a while before we have to deal with it but we already know ... no cell phones until older! Kids these days just text all day long! Very annoying!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Great take on that sketch Winter!! :) Love that ribbon!!

Maureen said...

totally adorable! love the ribbon and bling under the sentiment...very young and fresh. She will have a great time and the first trip (on you) is always the hardest. I cried 4 months before my son had to leave for university...hang in!!

Kim J. said...

Winter, this card is fabulous! Love the way you used the grid design to make everything come together. And {hugs} -- your daughter is going to have a great time!

Dawn said...

LOVE that ribbon, how fun!

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow! I love this card too! You are always wowing me! The way you used the binder punch is perfect!