Saturday, August 22, 2009

Card- You're too kind (again)

Well hello! I am typing this while we are enjoying a relaxing night after a LOOONG & HOT day! Chace had a football game at 11:00 am so we had to be there at 10:30 am. It's about 40 min. away from our house, so it is to far to drive back home in between games! Then he had a game at 1:00 pm. Then my daughter cheered at a game at 2:00 pm and at 5:00 pm! Chace's team didn't do very well! This is Chace's first year to play football, he is one of the littlest, but one of the fastest (Thank Goodness!) I don't want him hurt! :) Autumn has been cheering for many, many years! Next year she will be able to try out for cheerleader in school! (One of the only reasons, she doesn't want to be homeschooled!) Me and a couple of other ladies were asked to take pictures of the games this year for the end of the year video they put together. My kids get tired of me taking pictures of them, so I guess I will just take pictures of other kids too! And I guess I will have to figure this camera out now! :) There was alot of walking and waiting going on today! I got sooo sunburn, I look like a lobster! Autumn got to hot during the her first game, so she got cooled off afterward, then she got hot again during the second game, so the cheer coach let them leave a little early. Thank goodness they did because Autumn got sick in the car and threw up (in a bag)! She did start feeling better after coming home and laying under the ceiling fan for awhile, then taking a cool bath! I'm glad they won't have games like that again! This was like their "Play Day", so it's lots of games! Anyway, school starts on Monday, so I hope to get some crafting done and not feel guilt about doing it when the kids are here! I hope to try and start posting everyday, even if I have to start scheduling them. It's just hard sometimes with the kids at home and you feel like your taking time away from being with them!
So here is a card I made out of some scraps on my craft table. It is very simple, but I like it! Here is the card and I wanted to share a pic. of Chace in his little uniform and Autumn in her outfit. They didn't wear their uniforms today, just their shirt and short outfit! (Sorry for the dark photo!)

Supplies:

Paper- gray, white, & blue cardstock- scraps from my stash

Stamp-PTI-mega mixed messages, Stampabilities (I think)-Polka Dot Background, Inkadinkado, Gem Stones Insects

Ink-Versamark-white, Martha Stewart- dusk blue

Accessories- Offray-white satin ribbon

Have a Blesed night!

Winter

6 comments:

Savitri said...

Sounds like a full HOT day!!! Hope Autumn's ok and you recoup from your new (lobster) look :P The card is adorably cute. Super cool in terms of colors compare to your day :)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hope you guys get well rested... sounds like you all need it! Super cute card Winter!

Maureen said...

Oh, my! Heat stroke!! Hope she's ok and you too!! Love the colours on this card...the black is striking!! And, like I always say...your ribbon and bow are picture perfect!! Always my favourite part :)

Vanessa said...

Lovely card and cool photos!

Hugs,
Vanessa

AMY FLEMING said...

Love the card winter you have tied that bow beautifully :)!! also enjoyed the photos of your children,
Take it easy and have a great week!
Amyxxx

~kelly marie~ said...

Wow!! What a day for your kids! Let's hope it starts to cool down soon!

Cute card! I love that butterfly!