Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm Back / Card- For a Gracious Hostess

Hey everybody! Well after a really busy weekend, and a great time, we made it home! We got home today at 5:20 pm and my son had football practice at 6:00 pm and my daughter had cheerleading practice at 6:30 pm. So we have already started back to our busy schedules! We went to a drive thru Safari, it was so neat and the Alamo Saturday. And we went to Sea World yesterday, and had a great time riding some scary rides! I am freaked out about heights, and am trying to over come some fears, so I got on a high and fast ride! It really was fun! Then my son and husband went on a really SCARY ride, I can't believe, me as a Mom let my son on that ride. I did a lot of praying! :) It dropped so fast and seemed like it lasted forever! Here is a picture of them coming down. We ate at some restaurants, that Guy Fieri from The Food Network, went and visited and recommended. The food was really good! I will share some pictures of that soon!
I wanted to share a card that I made last week for some friends. They invited us over for a prayer meeting at their house, we had an awesome time, so I wanted to give them a card to show my appreciation! I really like the colors and how it turned out! I hope to get to my craft table tomorrow, I miss not making something! :)Supplies:
Paper- My Mind's Eye, white & brown cs
Stamp- PTI-mega mixed messages, Studio G- flowers
Ink- ColorBox Chalk Ink- chestnut roan
Accessories- green sheer ribbon- RibbonX

Have a Blessed Night!

12 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and the ribbon! I am glad you guys had a great time!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Oh my goodness! This card is AMAZING! I love it! And would be so excited to receive it. Great job!

whoistracy said...

I just love that tall narrow middle panel. Great layout! Love the ribbon, too. Thanks so much for the sweet comment on my blog- made my day!

Courtney Baker said...

Great card Winter, I love the linear lines!

~amy~ said...

wow...gorgeous card winter!!

Maureen said...

Love these colours...the hostess will love it :)

Dana Gustafson said...

This is so graceful and pretty! I love the color combo too!

tg said...

I love the format of this card!

Christina Smith said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors! It sounds like you had a great time!

Jennie said...

Love this card! The colors are spectacular! How cool that you got a new camera with a UV filter! I keep the UV filter on my camera all the time, like you said to avoid scratching my lens. A polarizing filter (which we used to take the pictures of Rothenburg) is nice to have, too. We bought our polarizing filter at www.adorama.com. Enjoy your new camera! Is it a Nikon or Canon?

Maile Belles said...

Simply Stunning!!! Sound like you had a fun time!

~kelly marie~ said...

So beautiful! The way you use ribbon is totally inspiring! I just love it!

(I am going on a commenting spree because I am so behind on reading the blogs that I love, like yours! I hope you don't mind my comment attack! :) )