Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #14

Hey everybody! I wanted to share my card for Dawn's Color Challenge. I can't believe it's already #15! WOW, time flies fast! I really liked the colors! I wanted to use the new stamp sets that I got last week from Two Peas. It is the Making Memories Just Chillin' Boy Line, but with these colors I wanted them to work for a girl too! I also got the Houndstooth from Hero Arts, that I have been drooling over! :) And the Heidi Swapp wings stamp. The Just Chillin' line, has wings stamps too, but I wanted them a little smaller, so I used the small ones from Heidi Swapp. I wanted it to be a little 'Rocker', so I used the houndstooth and the guitar with wings and a little bling! I really like how it turned out, and so did my daughter. I was thinking of her when I made it, she LOVES houndstooth just like her Momma! :)

I also wanted to give a little shout out for Tina at Travelingmama. She is doing an amazing thing over in Morocco! She is raising money to help schools there! Go by her blog for all the details! Her and her family are going to help change some many lives! Your doing a Great thing Tina and the Traveling Tribe! Keep it up and God Bless! :)
So here's the colors and the card!

Supplies:

Paper- Cardstock- cream., melon, pink

Stamps- PTI-mega mixed messages, Hero Arts- Houndstooth, Making Memories- Just Chillin' Boy, Heidi Swapp- wings

Ink- Versamark watermark, Stampin' Up!-Pink Passion,Martha Stewart- stem green

Accessories- Offray- Moss wide satin ribbon, Best Occasion- rhinestones

Have a Blessed day!

23 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh wow! Love the use of colours and the bling :) And that ribbon, well, you know...I love it!! I want to see a picture of your ribbon collection!! I think it may out do mine!!

Jane said...

so rich!! love it!

Kelley Eubanks said...

This is a rockin card Winter! Love it! Love the houndstooth and the guitar with wings.. the bling and the great ribbon! So cute!!

Amanda Winkelman said...

Great card, Winter! That ribbon is so luscious! I love the little bling in the 'o' of today, too! Great job on Dawn's challenge!

Maile Belles said...

Wow, what a cool card!!! Love how you used the colors, there perfect for this rockin' girly card!

Christina Smith said...

That's so cute! I love the guitar!!

Courtney Baker said...

That's totally fun. I love that big bow too!

~amy~ said...

fabbie card...LOVE that ribbon, it is the perfect finishing touch! Isn't that tina fabulous??!!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a fun looking card! Love your big green bow! :) TFS

Anonymous said...

You know your bow is making me melt right? Lol... I LOVE THIS!!!

xiumaiyuki said...

Beautiful!!! truly beautiful!! I love those wings on the guitar and the ribbon???!!!....draw-dropping gorgeous!

Unknown said...

not sure what's more rockin': the ribbon or the geeeetar:) great job!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is totally adorable and fun! Love it!

Alanna said...

Great card.

Meredith said...

Oh I love this card!

Taheerah said...

Loving that guitar and the bling on it! Great to see that girls can rock out too!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a rockin card LOL! Love your big bow accent as well. Way to rock the color combo out!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

claudia shadler said...

ooh! this card totally rocks :D Lovely card Winter, the stamped guitar is too darn awesome! Love the big bow! sweet!

Hugs
Clouds :D

Elise said...

Ohhhhh, WINTER! What a fabulous card! I want to say it ROCKS... but that's been done! (Tee Hee) Seriously, though: WONDERFUL card!

Anonymous said...

That bow... is so cool!!!!... Love it...love it...love it! Your card is wonderful. :)

Brenda said...

love your card, Winter! That ribbon is just to die for!

Unknown said...

Wow! Fabulous card!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love this card!! It is so clever and awesome! Your ribbon amazes me again! Gorgeous!