Wednesday, January 1, 2014

"Cards from the Heart Card Drive" 2014

Happy New Year! :)

It's time for the 5th Annual Valentine's Day Card Drive!


It's my Blogs 5th year anniversary this month, and I don't know a better way to celebrate it, but having another Card Drive for all those precious kids on Valentine's Day! I will be collecting cards for many Hospitals and hope to add more! :)
Last year's Card Drive was a HUGE success! We collected 2,745 cards and sent them to 12 hospitals, 1 foster home, and to 1 family in a tragic car accident ! Praying that this year is just as good or better! :)

As always, here are some of the guidelines from the hospital's and a few of mine. (Please read carefully.)
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* No buttons or anything that can be pulled off and become a choking hazard.
* Cards MUST be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope (A2 size, but can be smaller, just not bigger). I CANNOT use them if they are bigger! (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.) The clear envelopes make it easier when they hand them out to the kids.
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your first name and what state you are from.
*I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. ( Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, Please don't send any after that, because I have to send them off so they will get to the hospitals in time for Valentine's Day.) At the end of the month, I will draw names for prizes.The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing to win prizes. Let your kids get involved too! I will be adding more prizes and sponsors, often.  :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help when I have the drawings.) A lot of the prizes will be sent from the sponsor, so I NEED to have your email address for sure!
*Please send cards to me at:

Winter Sims
"Cards from the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at wintersims1@aol.com .
*You are welcome to use the Card Drive badge on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.

I know it seems like there are A LOT of rules, but they are the hospital's rules and we want to obey them, to keep the kids safe. So I hope you will join us again for another great year and help us put some smiles on those sweet kids faces on Valentines Day! :)

Go here to check out the Sponsors and Prizes.

If you have any questions, please just send me and email at:

wintersims1@aol.com

Have a Blessed New Year!,


~Winter

18 comments:

Andrea W said...

Can't wait to get started. Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year!

Barb Ghig said...

I heard about your card drive from Christy, and I'm so happy to join in! God bless you for organizing this card drive...Thank you! And, a special thanks to all the sponsors who are being so generous, too!

Happy New Year, Winter!

Karen McAlpine said...

I will be making cards again this year!! Thank you so much for organizing this card drive, Winter!!
I have your badge on my blog side bar.

Judy1223 said...

So glad you are doing this again, Winter! Now I know what cards I need to start working on!

Christiana said...

Such an awesome cause! I'm so thrilled to participate again this year. I've got a video series going as I make the cards -- I've got three done so far and loads more planned!

Carol L said...

I'm so glad you're hosting this card drive again this year, and I'm already in full Valentine-making mode! Thanks for all you do for these precious children :)

~amy~ said...

I posted a card today that I'll be sending in...you're so sweet to organize this card drive!

Troy said...

What a beautiful idea, God Bless you all for contributing :)

Loly Borda said...

Thank you for organizing this again Winter! I'll be starting making them soon. Have a blessed year!

The Mayes Family said...

Which hospitals do you usually send to? Wonderful idea! All those Stampin Up hostess should through themed parties to put some cards together!

Crafty Math Chick said...

It is so sweet you are going this again, YAAY! Spreading the word now...

Andrea6760 said...

Please count me in!! I look forward to making cards :D Thanks for coordinating this great event!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your efforts on behalf of the children. I've participated in Christmas cards for soldier and for those in nursing homes but this is my first for Valentine's Day and I so look forward to it. Bless you!

Lili said...

Greetings from Houston!
I love your idea....I'll be making some cards and maybe my kiddos can also make a couple.

Kelly said...

Hi Winter. Mailed a pack of cards to you today! Thanks for doing this!

walchowDesign said...

Hi Winter,

Put mine in the mail yesterday and I hope it will arrive on time. Thanks for organising this wonderful charity again!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for putting this together, I worked on these with my step son, and it was not only a wonderful bonding experience, it was also a great teaching moment. Teaching him that giving to others is one of the most important things you can do, and that even he could do little things to make someone else smile.

Anonymous said...

Put mine in the mail yesterday and I hope it will arrive on time. Thanks for organising this wonderful charity again!