Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 "Cards from the Heart Card Drive"

ETA: CARD DRIVE IS NOW CLOSED!!! :)

Happy New Year & long time no blog! :) 

2012 has been the busiest year of my life! We are FINALLY finishing up our new house and should be moving in soon! So that explains the LOOONNNNG break from blogging. Too busy to do much of anything but, raising my kids, working on our new house, and running a A/C & Heating business! But I wasn't too busy for this...

the 4th Annual Valentine's Day Card Drive!

When I originally started this Card Drive, it was called "Cards for St. Jude", but since we give cards to SO many hospitals now, I have changed the name to "Cards from the Heart Card Drive". Because we all make these cards from our hearts, for those children.


Some of you may know it's my Blogs 4th year anniversary this month, and I don't know a better way to celebrate it, but having a Card Drive for all those precious kids on Valentine's Day! I will be collecting cards for many Hospitals and hope to add more! :)
Last year's Card Drive was a HUGE success! We collected 3,000 cards and sent them to 13 hospitals, 1 foster home, and 1 special education class! Praying this year is just as good or better! :)

As always, here are some of the guidelines from the hospital's and a few of mine. (Please read carefully.)
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* No buttons or anything that can be pulled off and become a choking hazard.
* Cards MUST be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope (A2 size, but can be smaller, just not bigger). (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.)
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your first name and what state you are from.
*I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. ( Jan. 1 - Jan. 31, Please don't send any after that, because I have to send them off so they will get to the hospitals in time for Valentine's Day.) At the end of the month, I will pick random winners for prizes. I will be adding more prizes and sponsors, often. The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing to win prizes. Let your kids get involved too! :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help when I have the drawings.) A lot of the prizes will be sent from the sponsor, so I NEED to have your email address for sure!
* Go here for the sponsors and prizes.
*Please send cards to me at:

Winter Sims
"Cards from the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at wintersims1@aol.com .
*You are welcome to use the Card Drive badge on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.

I know it seems like there are A LOT of rules, but they are the hospital's rules and we want to obey them, to keep the kids safe. So I hope you will join us again for another great year and help us put some smiles on those sweet kids faces on Valentines Day! :)

If you have any questions, please just send me and email at:

wintersims1@aol.com

Have a Blessed New Year!,

~Winter

23 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So exciting!! Can't wait to start!!!

Mary-Anne V said...

So happy to read your post...glad to hear you are doing well! I am very happy to join you this year to bring some smiles to the kids in these various hospitals, homes and classes.Thanks for organizing this again this year.

Jen McD said...

Yay! I've been looking forward to this!!

walchowDesign said...

Looking forward to join this drive again! Thank you so much for organising this drive, Winter!

Kelly said...

I am in! Working on a few today!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So excited!! Just got mine done today! :) http://thetuckerwolekclan.blogspot.com/2013/01/twas-night-before-christmas.html

Greta said...

Lai-Yoke told me about the card drive & I got 1 card made & will try to make some more. What a neat thing to do!

Karen McAlpine said...

Hello Winter!! Sounds like you have had a great year filled with all kinds of adventurous things!! I am so glad you are having the card drive again this year. I have been checking you blog now and then for the announcement. I will be making my cards this week. I have a whole bunch of new digis I bought with this card drive in mind! Too fun! Thanks!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I'll get started this weekend. So excited to help.

Andrea W said...

I started making mine today and placed a link on my blog to help spread the word.

Loly Borda said...

What a wonderful idea! I learnt it from Andrea, I'm looking forward to be a part of this drive.

Unknown said...

What an absolutely fabulous thing you are doing!! Can't wait to start helping and will be a fun and inspiring project for my kids to help with as well. Thank you! Danielle, Parker and Collette

pegs said...

Working on it girl! 4 done so far.....

Wendy said...

This is my first time to hear of this Winter!
SUCH AN AWESOME love you are showing in doing this!
I've shared it up over at my blog: ScrapNspire (www.scrapnspire.blogspot.com) and also on my Facebook!
I'm planning to participate too!!
xoxo Wendy

Kelly Latevola said...

I've been in quite the craft drought so I'm getting here a bit late but I think I can knock some out before the end of the month :) Thanks for putting this whole thing together :)

Carol McCready said...

I will make a few today and get
them out in the mail tomorrow.
It sounds like I should sign
the inside, so I will go ahead
and do so.

Crafty Math Chick said...

I shared your drive on my FB page - hope you don't mind. Hope you get lots of valentines before the end of the month, I hope to get a few out to you as well.

Unknown said...

Hi there I am so happy to find your blog!
I am new in crafting,but I got so exiting when i read about Your card drive,that I decided to do 1 card!An you know it is make me so happy. :))
Thanks for the oportunity that I can share something with other people.

Maureen Hayes said...

Wish I had found out about this sooner so I could have made more cards, but I will start ASAP and do what I can. What a wonderful idea! I spent too much time in hospitals as a child (and still do ) and I know how much these will be appreciated! Thanks for doing this!

Mary Decker said...

You ARE a child of God, doing His good work. Thank you for encouraging all of us to participate! What a great way to spend time!!

pegs said...

I got my package mailed off to you from MN today! Hopefully it isn't frozen when it gets to you!!!
Here's a peek at what I sent....
http://peggyssweetlife.blogspot.com/2013/01/valentines.html?m=1

bradmaddox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bradmaddox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.