Friday, January 1, 2010

Cards For St. Jude

*HAPPY NEW YEAR!*

I am so excited to tell you about the project I have been working on the last couple of months!

A year ago this January 14, I started my blog. So for my 'blogversary', I decided to celebrate the whole month of January, and do something for others. My family and I are going on vacation in February and as I was making plans for that, the Lord showed me that St. Jude Hospital was right on our way and He laid on my heart to do what I love and make cards for the patients there! I felt a little overwhelmed at first, because they see about 200 patients a day, but I soon felt that the Lord will provide the cards. I believe if we all pull together, we can make this happen. It is so sad to think of all the sick children there. So I am hoping that it will bring a smile to their face and a little more love in their hearts, when they receive their card on Valentine's Day. My family and I will be dropping off all of the cards to St. Jude Hospital in Tennessee, so please send them to me at the address below.

We have been supporters of St. Jude's for many years, so I am really excited about this experience, and trying to help them even more! I already feel having this card drive is right. Everywhere I look, on TV, online, I see St. Jude advertisement! I guess it's just a confirmation from the Lord! :) I hope you will join me too!
Here are some of the guidelines from St. Jude hospital and a few of mine.

* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope. (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.)
* Please send all cards to me at:
Winter Sims
Cards for St. Jude
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664

* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your name and where you are from.
* I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. At the end of the month, I will pick random winners for prizes. I will be adding more prizes, often. The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing. Let your kids get involved too! :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help, when I have the drawing.)
* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at marcussim@aol.com .

You are welcome to use the St. Jude logo on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.

Here are some of the prizes thus far:

PTI- Tiny Treats: Valentine
PTI-Simple Valentine Patterned Paper
4) Inkadinkado Valentine stamps
1) Inkadinkado mini clear stamp
5) Inkadinkado heart shaped puzzle cards
Inkadinkado Morphic Bugs stamp set
EK Success vellum sweetheart stickers
(I will be adding prizes often!)

I wanted to post a Mr. Linky so we can see all the cards created for it and to keep track of the number of cards sent. Please only post your card, if you are sending it to me. (Posting it does not put you in the drawings, you must send the cards to me, to put your name in!)

I want to Thank everyone for your support in this card drive, I really think, the patients will love the cards! :)

If you would like to donate to St. Jude's Hospital, please go here. They are an AMAZING foundation! They help so many children and families there! They NEVER turn patients away, which is such a Blessing to so many!

I want to Thank the EBTKS ladies who are helping me out on this project. I couldn't have done it without them! :)
Courtney (Thanks for the cute St. Jude logo too!)
Kelley
Lynnette
Ann
Kelly Marie

And Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for all of her help and great ideas for Card Drives. Stop by her blog too, she is having a card drive going on right now.


I hope you all can join me in the card drive and have a very Blessed day & New Year!
Winter

46 comments:

~amy~ said...

Winter, what an excellent idea!!! I love your sweetcard & I'll be sure to play & help spread the word!!

Courtney Baker said...

Winter I love it (of course)! You've done such a great job girl!

Stephanie said...

Winter - this is such a fabulous idea!! Thanks :) I'll be working on a bunch with my new Tiny Treats set & sending them your way!!

Christina Smith said...

Winter, you are such a sweetheart!! WOW!!!!! You have such an amazing heart. I'm just in awe! St. Jude has been on my heart for many years now and I feel the Lord tugging at my heartstrings to give to them. I will definitely be making a card!

Savitri said...

What a great idea! We're St. Jude's supporters too. Actually it's another thing I acquired from the hubby. His family and him have always worked on various drives for them and hubby has a percentage of his paycheck automatically deducted for St. Jude's. Will definitely play along!!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Winter....this is amazing! You are such a wondeful person with a huge heart! This is an awesome idea! I am definatly going to help you out and the kids at St. Jude. I can't imagine having a sick child. This is truley a blessing!!

I will put some cards together and get them out to you!!

Happy New Year!

naomi chokr said...

What a great time for me to come back to the crafting world. Is this a sign or what? I'm in!!!!!! I need to get valentines day stamps now.

Thanks for organizing this!!!!! Great job winter!!!

Teresa Kline said...

Winter, I would be honored to help...I will get something on my blog and link back here to you thru Mr Linky.......this is such a blessing, thank you for asking for help!

enjoy *~*

Anonymous said...

Wow Winter!!! I love your idea ! Of course, I will make and send a card!!

Leslie said...

Winter, I came across your blog from Dawn McVey's blog and have posted a link and message about your wishes to have cards to take to St. Jude's. This is such a beautiful thing you are doing and I hope that I will be able to make some cards to send to you.

Julie said...

What a great idea, Winter! Count me in! I will send some cards your way! :) I will also link your blog up on my blog to help spread the word!

Charlene Austin said...

OMGoodness this is amazing. I love what you are doing and I will absolutely be sending you some cards!!! Is it ok if they aren't posted on Mr Linky though? I know I have some in my stash (who doesn't!) that could use a new home.

hUgS to you!!

itsallrosi said...

I'd love to help out with this!

farmhouse-story said...

such a wonderful project, winter! i'll send cards to you! i'll post this on my blog.

could you use a cricut cartridge for your prize pot? if so, i donate one to you, just let me know, ok?

donna calamari said...

We always donate to St. Jude's Hospital and I would be honored to send you cards. If we keep the cards unsigned, can the kids sign them and give them to their loved ones?

Lee Ann Perez said...

What a great thing you are doing. I am going to post this on my blog as well.

Kimberly's Krafts said...

I just linked up some cards that I made this weekend and posted on my blog! What a joy it is to do this and thank you so much Winter for organizing this!! You are a blessing! :)

Tammy said...

Hi Winter--wonderful idea!! I was just thinking that I had lots of ideas for Valentine's day cards but not enough people to send them to. And then I read your post and you lead me to those people. I'll definitely be sending you some!!

Mama Tuttle said...

Winter,
I was so inspired by your post . . . today I made 8 cards!! I was only going to make four, but then I figured if I make 2 of each design, I would be reaching twice as many kiddos!! I'll get them out to you sometime this week!! You're a ROCKSTAR!!

Lisa said...

I will be making cards tomorrow!! I saw this through a friend's blog and just had to come check it out. My son is a St. Jude patient (now almost five years cancer free - praise God) so I can honestly tell you how wonderful it is that you are others are doing this. It means so much for those kids to get something that puts a smile on their face!!! We will actually be in Memphis on Valentine's Day and the week after for his anniversary check up!! I hope the smiles I see while I'm there are from your cards!! THANKS SO SO MUCH!!! God Bless!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

You are doing such a wonderful thing and I am so glad that I can be a part of it! :)

Alice said...

thanks for hosting this meaningful card drive, Winter! you have such a big heart! i'll be sending you some cards!! =)

Angie Tieman said...

What a great idea! Love your card and I know a precious child will too! Can't wait to work on this!

Unknown said...

What an awesome undertaking this is!!! I will get some cards sent to you and give you a link on my blog this weekend!

OneMomTwojs - Dawn said...

Winter - this is a wonderful ministry! Please put me down for 40 cards! All are coming from snowy Rochester, NY!

Dawn DiPasquale

Helen F. said...

Oh Winter, YOU are an awesome inspiration. Thank you ~ this is such a wonderful cause! I will be adding more cards, can't stop making these valentines for St Jude's kids in the hope it puts a smile on their little faces :o) God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

Winter, this is incredible! Thank you so much for putting this together. Just incredible. I will make a few cards for these precious children.
Hugs and blessings,
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hi, I will be more than happy to make cards for St. Jude. Such a good cause. patm

NinaB said...

What a great way to serve and bless others, Winter.

Jinny Newlin said...

I've got a few, Valentine cards making it your way, as I type! It's so wonderful how you're reaching out to others in need. Keep it up, and may you be blessed 100 times over!

Anonymous said...

This is such a wonderful Idea! Thank you for letting us take part in this!!!

I will be sending my cards in Monday morning!!!!

We had fun making them!

Judy1223 said...

Winter, this is so wonderful of you to organize. God bless you in your efforts!

I am the troop leader for my daughter's Brownie Troop of 15 girls...they chose to participate in this card drive as a service project (and to earn their "Write Away" Try It!) so I will be sending in 20 Valentines Day Cards for this worthwhile cause. I will post a picture, too.

Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

Such an AWESOME idea!! I will be making some cards with my students and sending them to you!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a wonderful idea, Winter! I will mail my cards to you first thing Monday morning!! I'm so happy to have the chance to be a part of this!!! Thank you!!!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

My cards on in the mail and on the way. Thanks for letting me participate. Oh, I have a private blog, but I posted a picture of the cards at my old blog address.

Kelli F. said...

This is absolutely wonderful! St. Jude's Hospital is my favorite charity. My husband did a run in Memphis for St. Jude's and hope to do it again this year. I will tell all my stampin' friends. Bless these beautiful children.

Thanks for organizing!

Amy Heller said...

What a wonderful idea Winter! I will work on this all this week - and I love the idea of getting the kids involved - my daughter will surely love to participate!! Thanks so much for organizing this!
~Amy

Cass said...

My cards will be posted tomorrow morning. :)
http://cassandraking.blogspot.com/2010/01/card-drives.html

craftieodmae said...

what a fantastic idea, ran across your blog this morning and wow! Such a blessing! I will put some cards in the mail for sure!

craftieodmae said...

I did this is a hurry, but, I put cards in the mail for you plus the St Jude badge on my blog to help get your word out. I didn't take pictures as I'm sure they are on my blog some where. God Bless

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

This is a wonderful idea and you are so generous to take the time to organize it! My cards are on their way to you today!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Winter,

I have mailed 15 cards to you today for St. Judes. My niece helped me make them over the weekend. They count as Christian Community Service for her school, she loved stamping for the kids.
Blessings!
Phyllis Trivett
Sautee Nacoochee, GA
email RAT0071@aol.com

Susan said...

Hi,

I don't know "how" I found your blog but I'm so blessed I did.

I'm thinking of learning how to make cards.

Anyhow, I was so touched to see what you are doing this month for St. Jude.

My son is a patient there. He is now in remission and goes back every 6 months.

From all the patients of St. Jude I thank you and all the women who are doing this labor of love.

The children will appreciate this so much.

My son is a young adult now, he was dx at 16.

Blessings to you all~

Anonymous said...

guidelines from St. Jude are valuable i like it...
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Card printing
Plastic Business Cards

Anonymous said...

Winter - this is such a fabulous idea!! It's so wonderful how you're reaching out to others in need. Keep it up, and may you be blessed 100 times over!!!
Plastic Card
Plastic card printing