I am so excited to tell you about the project I have been working on the last couple of months!
A year ago this January 14, I started my blog. So for my 'blogversary', I decided to celebrate the whole month of January, and do something for others. My family and I are going on vacation in February and as I was making plans for that, the Lord showed me that St. Jude Hospital was right on our way and He laid on my heart to do what I love and make cards for the patients there! I felt a little overwhelmed at first, because they see about 200 patients a day, but I soon felt that the Lord will provide the cards. I believe if we all pull together, we can make this happen. It is so sad to think of all the sick children there. So I am hoping that it will bring a smile to their face and a little more love in their hearts, when they receive their card on Valentine's Day. My family and I will be dropping off all of the cards to St. Jude Hospital in Tennessee, so please send them to me at the address below.
We have been supporters of St. Jude's for many years, so I am really excited about this experience, and trying to help them even more! I already feel having this card drive is right. Everywhere I look, on TV, online, I see St. Jude advertisement! I guess it's just a confirmation from the Lord! :) I hope you will join me too!
Here are some of the guidelines from St. Jude hospital and a few of mine.
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* Cards must be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope. (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send one with your card.)
* Please send all cards to me at:
Cards for St. Jude
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your name and where you are from.
* I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. At the end of the month, I will pick random winners for prizes. I will be adding more prizes, often. The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing. Let your kids get involved too! :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help, when I have the drawing.)
* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at email@example.com .
You are welcome to use the St. Jude logo on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.
Here are some of the prizes thus far:
PTI- Tiny Treats: Valentine
PTI-Simple Valentine Patterned Paper
4) Inkadinkado Valentine stamps
1) Inkadinkado mini clear stamp
5) Inkadinkado heart shaped puzzle cards
Inkadinkado Morphic Bugs stamp set
EK Success vellum sweetheart stickers
(I will be adding prizes often!)
I wanted to post a Mr. Linky so we can see all the cards created for it and to keep track of the number of cards sent. Please only post your card, if you are sending it to me. (Posting it does not put you in the drawings, you must send the cards to me, to put your name in!)
I want to Thank everyone for your support in this card drive, I really think, the patients will love the cards! :)
If you would like to donate to St. Jude's Hospital, please go here. They are an AMAZING foundation! They help so many children and families there! They NEVER turn patients away, which is such a Blessing to so many!
I want to Thank the EBTKS ladies who are helping me out on this project. I couldn't have done it without them! :)
Courtney (Thanks for the cute St. Jude logo too!)
And Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for all of her help and great ideas for Card Drives. Stop by her blog too, she is having a card drive going on right now.
I hope you all can join me in the card drive and have a very Blessed day & New Year!