Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God is so GOOD!

Hey everybody! Well I wanted to make a quick post today to let you all know why I have been away. Well Friday night my Paw Paw passed away. He was sick for about the passed 7 weeks. He had congestive heart failure and about 4 weeks ago he found out he had prostate cancer. When he found that out, he just kind of gave up. He lived a very long life of 82 years. The whole family got to visit with him about 3 weeks ago, and he knew that was the last time we would all be together with him. It was a very bitter sweet gathering. I have been praying for my Paw Paw for many years, we got to pray with him before we left that day. My Paw Paw told us that he was a hypocrite and that he didn't deserve God and he had done to many bad things in his life! That was so heart breaking to hear him say that, but we told him that God loved us all and that Jesus died for all of us! He told us that if he got real sick, that he might ask God to help him. I told him he didn't have to wait. I gave him a kiss goodbye that day and I told him I would continue to pray for him. Then he had a preacher come by and see him 2 weeks ago. The man talked to my Paw Paw and asked him where he would go when he died. My Paw Paw replied, straight to hell, I have done to many bad things in my life. The man told him that was a choice and that God wanted to save him from that. My Paw Paw as sick as he was, got up from his chair and walked over to that man across the room and grabbed his hands and the man started to pray with him! :)
My Paw Paw told everyone that came to see him, that the man had lead him to the Lord! PRAISE GOD!!!
God is so good! It is so nice to see prayers happen! I believe everyone who prayed helped this salvation happen! Thank You all from the bottom of my heart! :)
If there is anyone who doesn't know Christ, please call upon Him today! He loves you, just like He loves me! And He wants to save you just like He saved me!
We will be going to the Funeral today. Please lift Chance up in your prayers, my Mee Mee asked him to do the service. He has done tons of services, but it is always harder when it's someone you love. And my Paw Paw loved him, so they had a pretty close relationship. And please pray for my Mee Mee, she will be lost with out my Paw Paw. My Mom will be staying with her for awhile to help her out.
Thank you all again for always praying, listening to me, and encouraging me in my life! You are all so sweet!

Have a Blessed day!

15 comments:

SVIT said...

Dear Winter, thank you for sharing that with us! I couldn't keep tears reading the story of your Paw Paw coming to the Lord! I am really glad that he is with Jesus now! Praying for all your family, love
Svit xx

naomi chokr said...

im so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what you are going through. I just pray that you will be better soon. God is very forgiving...Paw paw is with him now. Smiling down at your and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time.

Courtney Baker said...

That is one great story Winter. Thanks for sharing... praying for you and your family!

Christina Smith said...

(((HUG))) I am praying for you and your family! Praise the Lord that your Paw Paw gave his life to the Lord and that he is with Him now! Love you!

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Winter, but I'm rejoicing with you that your beloved Paw Paw is with Jesus! Thank you so much for sharing this story, it gives me hope for my own dad.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss-but THANK YOU, JESUS, for saving your loved one and all of us! WOW--how amazing to help pray someone into HEAVEN!! I know that the only way "in" is to ACCEPT Jesus and know that GOD raised him from the dead...but to pray that somoene (esp. a loved one) would realize that and know that they believe is a great feeling! I'm praying for my family too! What an inspiration!

GOD is GOOD:) PRAISE JESUS!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Amen! and Amen! Love you girl!

Amy Heller said...

Winter, I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Praying for you and your family.

Chris K said...

Sorry for your loss. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Lynnette said...

Praise God and His faithfulness. He is so gracious and merciful to save any of us. What a blessing for you to have the assurance of his salvation. Now he is rejoicing with our beloved savior, Jesus. This is such a powerful testimony to keep witnessing to the lost.

You and your family will be in my prayers. I know that this will be difficult for all of you, but praise God that your Paw Paw came to the cross. Thank you for opening up to us through your blog. You never know what seeds you are planting.

Lisa Petrella said...

So sorry for your loss. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Maureen said...

Oh, Winter, I'm so sorry for your loss...it's not easy, even when someone is sick and has lived a full life. I'm so glad he was able to see you all and talk to his preacher...God is all about forgiveness and love and I'm sure your Paw Paw was welcomed with open arms into heaven :) Hugs and prayers are sent your way :)

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Winter. Isn't it good that you know that he's in a better place and you will see him again!

Anthonette said...

Sorry to hear about your Paw Paw, Winter. Mee Mee and your family are in my prayers.

Laurie said...

OH Winter, thank you for sharing your story! It's so good to know that you will see him again someday! God is good!