Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Embellish Color Challenge With Stitching

Hey everybody! Well I was finally able to craft a couple of days ago and this is one of the cards I made. I started making it, with Spring colors in mind and before I knew it it started fitting in the Embellish Challenge! I just realized that the inspiration pics have little colored eggs too! :)
I am not the greatest at hand stitching! I just eye-balled it! :)
{Hello Spring card} Supplies: Cardstock- (PTI) aqua mist, sweet blush, (Paper reflections) kraft, (Georgia Pacific) white ; Stamps- (WplusDesign) Love birds, (American Crafts) Dear Lizzy "Spring" sentiment, (Studio G) Spring stamps "Hello" sentiment ; Ink- (Versamark) watermark, (ColorBox) chestnut roan & pink, (Martha Stewart) blue ; Ribbon- (Offray) white satin, brown embroidery floss ; Other- (Recollections) brown pearl
It also fits the EBTKS challenge, to use string. If you haven't played yet, stop by and check it out!
I am so happy it is starting to look like Spring here, but that also brings NASTY pollen! We live in the woods, so you can imagine the pollen! Our cars start looking yellow! And now my poor hubby is sick in bed! He says it's from the tulips I bought the other day and are now our center piece on our table! Every time I buy fresh flowers, someone gets sick in our house! That is why our kids were sick right before vacation last month. I had to throw the flowers away, and they were so pretty! So I just threw these away too! :( He is coughing, running fever, and his sinuses are stopped up. I made him an appointment for tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers.
Well it's time to get the kids from school and Chace has a batting class.
So ya'll have a Blessed day!

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

winter...such thee sweet card...I love it!

de said...

This is adorable! Perfect colors and I love the stitched nest!

~kelly marie~ said...

Sooo cute! Love this!

Agata said...

Beautiful card! Love that stitched nest!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Your card is adorable!! So sorry that Chance is sick! Will say a prayer for him! :)

Maile Belles said...

What an adorable card! Hope your hubby gets better soon.

Karen B. said...

Sweet card, Winter. Really neat way to feature the bird, with its tail hanging off the edge. Hope your husband gets well soon.

Alice said...

wow! your stitched basket is amazing, Winter! fabulous card! Hope your husband gets better soon!

Courtney Baker said...

Love this Winter! So cute!

Jessica said...

This is so cute, Winter!!! Love the stitched up nest :)

Dawn said...

Ack! It's adorable Winter. Really like the stitched nest, I have to try that one. Thanks for sharing it!

Janelle said...

Adorable card, Winter. Love the nest -- I think your stitching is perfect for it!

Angie Tieman said...

Awww, this is so super sweet!! Love that hand-stitched bird's nest!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Such a pretty spring card! Thanks for taking on an Embellish challenge.st

Christina Smith said...

This is the cutest card I've ever seen! I just love it!!