Thursday, December 31, 2009

Heavy Heart & A New Road

Hey everyone! I am here today with a heavy heart and I will tell you why. We have resigned at our church after 5 yrs., we are not leaving because of any problem, we just feel the Lord is moving us, to bring someone else there to reach the community and grow the church. We have been there 5 yrs and the Lord grew it spirit and numbers. When we first started, there was 7 people there and it grew to over 100 every Sunday! That is alot for a little country church and a town that is not big at all! We have seen so many AMAZING things there in 5 yrs. and we will NEVER forget it! But about 1 1/2 yr, we have noticed a drop in numbers, we have tried to reach the community, but most don't want to hear. We are not from there, so they don't know us and I don't think they want to! So we feel God, is going to bring someone there, that can reach them.
This was a very hard decision to make, but after LOTS of prayer, we know that it is the right one! We are not going to pastor another church right now, we will just visit around and try to find a church to attend for now. You never know what God has for you, all we can do is believe in Him and let Him lead us, and that's what we plan to do! I'm not going to lie, it will be hard for awhile, but He will see us through it!
Our church family was very upset to hear we were leaving, but they trust that our decision was from the Lord. They had us a going away dinner last night, it was great! Bitter sweet...but great!
So please pray for our family and the new road we are about to go down. And please pray for our church family, that they don't lose heart and pray that the Lord will send the right person to pastor there. Thank You all for listening and for any prayers you can give.


I don't have a card to share today, but please come back tomorrow. I have a project that I have been working really hard on, the last couple of month's! I can't wait! :)

Have a very Blessed day & be safe tonight!

11 comments:

Christina Smith said...

Wow! What a huge decision to make! I think of how the Lord told Abraham to go and Abraham just went. I'm proud of you for stepping out in faith. I will be praying!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

You are so brave stepping out in faith! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!!

Can't wait to see what you have been making!!
Have a safe and blessed New Years Winter!! :)
xxooo

Dawn said...

Always follow your heart for that is where the lord is. I've never been an organized religion person but I do know where you can always find him! Have a wonderful new year.

Sylvia said...

Winter, I am so glad I came to your blog to wish you a Happy New Year! It seems you also need all the blessings I can send as well. Thanks for your blog friendship and I know you and your family will be taken care of. Blessings to you and Hugs as well.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Hey girl... you know I love you! :) I am so sorry!! I know first hand how hard it is to leave a church... I love you!

Lisa said...

I'm usually more of a lurker, but just wanted to say I'll be praying for you guys (and your community) during this time of transition. Leaving a min. position is never easy, but He always knows what's in store- even when we don't!

Lynnette said...

Winter, I just now read this post, somehow I missed it. I will be praying for you and your church family. Just continue to trust in the Lord with all your heart, and He will direct your ways.

Love you!

Linda Beeson said...

Those are hard choices, I know. May the Lord continue to guide your families steps.

Savitri said...

So sad to hear but I'm sure you and your family will be guided towards the right direction. Our family is a Christian family but to be honest we're not one to attend church every week. Even though I can't speak for all I feel very close to God and very much believe in Him and heaven. I trust in what's been set for me in this life and I know everything will be great, even if they are challenging. I'm sure your path will be wonderful too, no matter what. Take care!!!!

~kelly marie~ said...

I just know you will find the right path. Big hugs.

NinaB said...

As someone who is also in full-time ministry, I understand what you're going through. I will be praying for you during this transition time and that you will see clearly God's leading, where He can use you the most for His glory!