Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pretty Flowers & Cool Pears

Hey everyone! I wanted to share some pictures that I took the other day! Look how pretty these sunflowers are! I found them at WalMart, and just had to have them! I have never seen orange ones before. The other pictures are some pears that we picked from our new neighbor's pear tree! (Yes, she knew about it, she wanted us to pick them) :) I thought they just looked cool in the bowl on the counter! I have been playing around with my camera again, trying to figure out how everything works! I have heard that people put it in Manual Mode and not Automatic, I haven't figured that out yet, so it stays in Automatic! :) Does anyone have any advice on this? I would love some feed back! Oh, and look I have a watermark now! I think I might need a couple of different of colors though! I don't have the right program to make one, so I bought one from Karen. She even gives a tutorial on how to install it using the GIMP program, here. Go by and check it out, if you have been wondering how to install one, like I have! :) I'll be back tomorrow with some crafty stuff! Let me know what you think about these!Have a Blessed night!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your photos. The colors are very vibrant! Hope all is well.

Kelley Eubanks said...

Great photos Winter! I think you are doing just fine on auto! :) I shoot on auto all the time. I took a photography class at church a year or so ago but dropped out before it was over. Carver was having a hard time staying in his class and since my husband is a minister... I was always the one to have to deal with it. I am sure you understand. :) Anyway... I would love to learn how to shoot all my pics on manual... maybe one day!

Traveling Mama said...

These are gorgeous!! I keep telling myself that I am GOING to get a watermark and then life gets busy... maybe today!! :-) I used Picasa to make my collage. I don't think you can do it in Gimp, but I'm sure it is possible in Photoshop. btw- I loved your 2s4y card too. So pretty!

Maile Belles said...

These pictures are beautiful!!! Love the watermark!

Maureen said...

What great inspiration! van Gogh painted orange sunflowers as well but I've never seen them in real life!! Gorgeous!!

Ann said...

Wowzers on that flower!

Courtney Baker said...

Hey Winter, I shoot all of my pictures on manual. Basically, you can control how much light you are letting in, etc.

Just for a little fun, put your camera on manual, and look in the view finder you should see a little green line with a zero in the middle. You basically want to adjust your shutter speed and aperture until it is at zero (in the middle). You can have a higher shutter speed and lower aperture or a higher aperture (which is like how much depth will be in focus) and lower shutter speed. Just go outside and play around with it. You'll see what I mean. :) I'm sure that's as clear as mud!

Eve said...

Wonderful pictures!