Saturday, June 27, 2009

Scribble This Challenge #3

ETA: I just went to Lisa's blog to put in the link, and it was closed! I thought I had until tonight for the deadline, but I guess I was wrong! Oh well, I still learned something! Thanks Lisa! :)
Hey everyone! I hope you are all having a great weekend! We went to the Houston Astros baseball game last night and had a great time!! I will share some pictures later. We got home around 1:30 a.m. and had to get up early this morning for a baseball party for my son Chace's team. So we are really tired! We own an A/C & Heating company here in Texas and it has been 100 degrees everyday this week and we haven't had rain in almost a month, so it is HOT!! So my husband had to go fix some more A/C today, he hasn't had a day off in weeks. He usually doesn't work at all on Sunday's, but here lately, after he preaches at church on Sunday, he has to go fix someones A/C, so today I think I'll Bar-B-Que for him today! :)

I made this card the other night for Lisa's Scribble This Challenge.. I am using the GIMP program and there isn't an automatic setting, so I had to do it manually. It was a little hard for me to see the difference in the before and after, but I do see that it is a little sharper! So Thanks Lisa! Both of my sister's share the same birthday, but 7 yrs. apart, so now all I need is one more for their birthday's in August. I bought a kit from ColorBox last weekend from Marshall's for $7.00, I really like the papers it has in it, so I decided to use some on my card. The kit comes in a box, it is so cute, here is a picture of it too! So here it is!

It's that box so cute with the scallops?!
Before:
After:

Supplies:

Paper- ColorBox- patterned paper, cream & gray cs

Stamps- PTI-mega mixed messages

Ink- ColorBox Chalk Ink- charcoal

Accessories- green sheer ribbon- RibbonX

4 comments:

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Very pretty Winter! Love those colors!! Ajd that box is toooo cute! :)

Try and stay cool. Its over 102 here in OkCity, so I am inside at the computer and scrap table so I won't have to be out there in that awful heat!! :)
Enjoy your day!!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Cute card... sorry you missed the deadline! I missed the deadline for (i think) the very first challenges I participated it... maybe it was the 2nd... I don't remember! It was one of the first ones! :-)

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful card!! Love those colors and that yummy ribbo! And you're right, the box is absolutely cute, I want to case it!

~kelly marie~ said...

Fun card!! I love that paper!