Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Baby Project

Hey Everyone! Well I don't know how ya'll Saturday went, but mine was busy cleaning house and changing out Winter clothes for Summer clothes. It has been so Hot here in Texas and it's only May. It has been in the low 90's already!! My husband and I own a A/C & Heating business, so it's good for business :), but long work hours!!
I wanted to share a project I made the other night at about 12 o'clock. A friend of mine started volunteering at a crisis pregnancy center, they have a shop that the women can get baby supplies from. My friend crocheted 5 blankets and put each one in a large Ziploc bag, she needed me to make the bags look a little cuter. I decided to make like a bag topper that will be stapled on top of the bag. So I folded a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of card stock and stamped the words Sweet baby all over it. I bought some new stamps that just reminded me of babies, so I used the mommy & baby giraffe. I stamped them, then water colored them in and then cut them out. I needed to make 5 of them and I wanted to make little 4X4 cards to go with each one, so that she could write a little note in each one, to let them know that the little baby that will be wrapped in that blanket was prayed for. She prayed over the blankets as she made them. They decide to keep the blankets for a Baby shower that they give the Mom's once a year. I think the Mom's will love them! She really loves volunteering there, it is a Christian based clinic, she actually lead two people to Christ yesterday, Praise God!!
They are pretty simple, the hardest part part was water coloring and cutting them out. These pictures were taken late at night, again, so the lighting isn't great. I had a field trip to go to the next day, so she picked these up while I was gone, so I didn't get a picture of the finished project, Sorry! I hope to make some more stuff for the Clinic in the near future.



I made these in blue and green.

Here is one of the cards, It was getting late, so I just stamped these to the cards. :)


Supplies:
Paper- White, green, and blue CS
Stamps- PaperTrey Ink- mixed messages, Autumn Leaves- zoo stamps
Ink- SU!- yellow, ColorBox- brown, StazOn- Jet black
Accessories- SU!- blender pen, white satin ribbon, scallop scissors
Have a Blessed Night!

3 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Very sweet cards! I'm sure they'll be very much appreciated! And yes, I hear ya on the Texas heat already!

Daniela F. said...

Sweet cards for a good cause!!

Christina Smith said...

These are SO cute! I collect giraffes, so these cards caught my eye!