Monday, May 4, 2009

Birthday Card

Hey Everyone! I had a chance to make a card yesterday, but I had to wait until today to take a picture of it. I really need to make that light box! Anyway, I need a card for my MIL's birthday on Thursday. I really wanted to use the same stamp and the same stamping idea like the card I made for Dawn's Challenge, I just changed the colors and design. I found a card over at Dawn's blog, and I really liked it, so I tried to create something similar, but with my own twist! I also tried scoring on my card as a design for the first time, it was really fun! I used a lot of scraps for this card and I love the color combo together! I'll be back tomorrow with some more cards I made! I couldn't decide what angle to show, so I showed 3! :) Well here it is!

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry it was late last night, here's a list of the supplies.
Paper- Best Occasions-Sea green color CS, light and dark purple CS - scraps from my stash -not sure what brand, white CS
Stamps-PaperTrey Ink- mixed messages, Studio g- flowers
Ink- Studio g- (Doesn't have a color name-It looks like egg plant)?, Versamark-watermark
Accessories- Sea green satin ribbon-Walmart, white embossing powder, scallop scissors, circle punch, bone folder

Have a Blessed Night!

6 comments:

Two Happy Stampers said...

Winter, lovely card! I love the scoring effect on the card itself! =) That color combo is really pretty... what colors did you use? TFS! =)

sophie said...

Beautiful green there Winter! Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog and am I glad to know another sis in Christ!

Courtney Baker said...

The ribbon is just gorgeous! Those vertical lines really show it off.

Let me know if you have any questions about the light box. It really is worth it (ignore my pictures from today. I use an old camera).

Christina Smith said...

Winter, your card is so beautiful! I love these colors together! She's going to love this card!

Lynnette said...

I love this card! It's gorgeous:)I made a light box too, and it's pretty easy. I still am working on my photo taking skills, but it's not the boxes fault. I do wish I had used a bigger box (my is 12"X12"X12", so you may want to look for something bigger.
Have a great day!

{PurpleD} said...

I hear you about the light box! :-) Your card is awesome. Love the embossing!