Wednesday, February 6, 2013

2013 Card Drive Totals

Hey everybody! Well it's that time...time for the card totals! The cards came in very slow at first, but then picked up Full force toward the end! I had some come in after the deadline, so it slowed things down a little bit. I finally got them all packaged and sent off and now it's time to tell you what all of us have achieved! :)

The total for this year was 2,745 cards!!!!

All of you AMAZE me...Seriously! :) So many of you touched my heart this year! I had a couple of ladies who made some cards in memory of their children who they lost, and who had spent many of days in the hospital on Valentine's Day and knew how much the cards and gifts meant to them! :'(
This card drive has almost been a healing in some way for these ladies! That means the world to me and I'm so Thankful that I might have helped them in some way!
I was also asked to do an interview for a newspaper in Canada! How cool is that?! I sure hope it spreads the love of card making for these children, even more! :)

I'm almost done with the drawing. I'm getting all the names in the hat now! :) I have sent all the cards off! Woo Hoo! :) We were able to reach 12 hospitals, 1 foster home, and 1 family that I have been following their story on Facebook, they were in a tragic car accident and lost their mother and the daughter is in the hospital with brain injuries and many other injuries.
They were:
St. Jude Children's Hospital- TN
Texas Children's Hospital- TX
Vanderbilt Children's Hospital- TN
St. Louis Children's Hospital- MI
Shands Hospital for Children UF- FL
St. Joseph's Children's Hospital of Tampa- FL
Nationwide Children's Hospital- OH
Shriners Hospital for Children- Houston- TX
Shriners Hospital for Children- Galveston- TX
Shriners Hospital for Children- Boston- MA
Shriners Hospital for Children- Northern CA
Shriners Hospital for Children- Cincinnati- OH
Sinclair Children's Foster Home- TX
Facebook Family- TX


Thank you all SO VERY MUCH! You are all AMAZING! None of this would be possible without all of the card makers and sponsors!
And please keep all these children and their parents in your prayers, because they all need them. Thank you!
I'll be back soon with the prize winners! :)

~Winter

10 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

This made me tear up a bit! God is so good and faithful!! I pray God blesses you for being obedient to Him! I know He will! I love you!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So wonderful!!!

Ngan R. said...

This is amazing, Winter! Thank you for organizing and putting so much time into this card drive. It really touches my heart to read that you were able to reach so many hospitals and families.

Andrea W said...

Fantastic results Winter! Best wishes on your interview. If you ever decide to branch out, I would love to help in the Oklahoma area. Thanks for all you do!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Yeah!!! That is a wonderful number.

Susan said...

WOW what an amazing total! I was a little worried there at the beginning, I'm glad so many came in!

Kelly said...

that's a LOT of work of many hands!! Thank YOU for organizing the drive. So happy to see some come locally. I am in Cincinnati!

Lisa Petrella said...

Hooray!!! Winter, that's AWESOME news!!! FANTASTIC job organizing this incredibly special card drive!!!! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication!

Helen F. said...

YAY! So happy you were able to reach your goal+, Winter! You are sure to be rewarded by God for all your hard work and wonderful dedication to this cause! {{{HUGS}}} to you, my friend :)

donna mikasa said...

Incredible numbers, Winter! Thank you so much for all that you do to bring joy to so many families--especially the children! I look forward to next year's drive!