Sunday, August 29, 2010

Thank You

Good morning! WOW it feels like forever since I posted last! Lots of things going on around here, school started Monday and I have been getting caught up on paperwork, lunch dates with my hubby, crafting, and I even went and did a little shopping this past week! :)

But this morning I wanted to post a card to tell all of you Thank You for all of the prayers concerning my Aunt passing away. Ya'll are just Amazing! We have really been feeling the prayers! My Aunt's funeral was last weekend and I must say it was extremely hard! Please continue to pray for the family! I didn't mention before but my Aunt took her own life. This opens up alot of old wounds for our family, because my real Dad also took his own life on Halloween night when I was just a year old. (One of the reasons why I don't like Halloween!)

The reason why I am telling you this is because we need to reach out and pray for the people who are depressed, lonely, and who just feel lost in this world! I have been depressed before and medicine made it worse! The only thing that helped me through those dark days...was Jesus! I believe Jesus is the answer to EVERYTHING! He is the ONLY one who can help, and He uses us to reach out to people sometimes to be His hands and feet. So if you know someone who is struggling, reach out to them and pray with them and talk to them or just listen! People need to know you love them, but most importantly, they need to know Jesus loves them! Or maybe you are the one struggling, just know that Jesus loves you and wants to help you! If you need prayer, please email me and I would be honored to pray for you!

(I'll be back later to post the supplies! I ran out of time!) :)
Stop by tomorrow for another EBTKS challenge! I'll be the host this time! :)

Well I'm off to church! Have a Blessed day!


8 comments:

Chris K said...

I am so sorry about your aunt. I will pary for her and your family.

Maureen said...

OH, Winter, your words are so true..and unfortunately, there is a lot of sadness and loneliness in the world...but a lot of love and kindness as well :) So sorry to hear more about your Aunt's passing and your Dad...but how inspiring that you are living proof that life goes on and how to make it better :) Hugs to you and thoughts and prayers to you all there at this sad time. oh, ps...my sister has not given me the magazine yet, but says she has it...so thank you so much for sending it...you are a dear and sweet friend :)

Janelle said...

I'm so sorry about your aunt, Winter. But you're right -- Jesus is the only answer... and people need to hear that from us and see that in our lives. Thanks for the reminder! Prayers are with your family.

Christina Smith said...

Amen! Jesus is the answer for depression! He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life!

Helen F. said...

More prayers coming!!!
Pretty card also :)

Savitri said...

So sorry to hear about your aunt and your dad. That's just so sad!! I am sure she's a better place now and I hope you and your family will stay strong through this all!

Laurel Beard said...

First of all, I am sorry for the loss of your aunt and for the painful memories. I can not imagine what you are going thru. I mostly wanted to comment you and tell you how wonderful I think it is that you posted this to your blog. Lots of people unfortunately do not have the courage to speak about Jesus and I am so impressed and inspired that you did. Such a wonderful testimony. I would like to email you directly but I wanted to express my appreciation for your post. To God be the Glory!

Kelley Eubanks said...

I have been meaning to ask you how everyone is doing!? I didn't know that your dad took his own life on Halloween. I don't blame you for not liking Halloween! I was depressed too before. Medicine did help me a little bit but yes... Jesus is the only way to find true happiness and peace!!