Wednesday, June 30, 2010

EBTKS # 18 - Old School Boom Box

Good morning! It's time for another Around the House challenge at the EBTKS blog! This week the host is Ann! :) She challenged us to use "Aluminum foil"! This was my first idea when I thought of using foil. Did ya'll ever put foil on the end of the antenna on a radio so the reception would be better? I sure did! It reminds me of my life growing up in the 80's & 90's and listening to the radio and also the cassette player! It is so "Old School"! :)
Our sponsor this week is Wplus9. I was so excited when I heard this, because seriously... everybody needs some of Dawn's stamps! They are so fun! In fact, she is having sneak peeks this week, so stop by the WPlus9 blog and check them out! In fact, I need to order me some more too! :)
I used her stamps for this card. I used the Love Birds & the Just a Note sets! And I think they really work great together! Don't you think?! I just love the antenna! :) I even used a stamp from the Just a Note set to make the antenna first! Supplies: Cardstock- (PTI) raspberry fizz, white, true black, smokey shadow ; Stamps- (Wplus9) Love Birds & Just a Note ; Ink- (SU!) pink passion & basic black, (ColorBox) silver ; Other- aluminum foil, buttons, (Martha Stewart) circle cutter
I hope you will all stop by the EBTKS blog to play along with us in the challenge and you can check out all the designers cards and get all the details about the challenge.

Have a Blessed day!
~Winter

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOL...I love it winter!

Laurel said...

OMG I LOVE this!

Brandi said...

How original! So cute!

Courtney Baker said...

Love this girl! Just so creative!

Jocelyn said...

this is adorable...love it!

Ayana Posadas said...

Ahh! I LOVEEE this!
This card is sooo cute!
Fabulous job with the foil!
SO creative! :)

Laurel Beard said...

Oh my goodness. How clever of you. Send me back to the old days of VHS and old school radios. No ipods and DVD's for me.. Man, how old does that make me.. Sigh! Cute card. Thanks so much!

Maureen said...

so fun, Winter...LOL You crack me up!!!

Angie Tieman said...

How fun! You are so dang creative!