Monday, January 11, 2010

Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21

Hey everybody! I tell you what, I am so glad the card calls are finished! I have been working on those for about a week, knowing I have so many other things to do too! WOW, it's alot of work, but I bet it will be so worth it, when I see one of my cards in print! I have my first card being published in CARDS this February! WOO HOO! I thought it would never get here! :)

I made this card for Dawn's Color Challenge, last week, but I am just now posting it! I really loved the colors, they just screamed baby boy to me! So I took a break on the St. Jude cards, and made a baby card! :) Doesn't that twine in the button, look like a bird over the sun? My husband pointed that out, I thought it was pretty cool! :) And look what came in the mail today! My kids usually check the mail at the post office, well now we have two boxes, so they take turns checking the boxes. Well, today they were SUPER excited when they came out of the Post Office! They could hardly hold all of the packages! Today we got 46 cards in! Just Amazing! Thank you all so much! :) Here are the packages from today.
Also, I wanted to mention, that my card, got Honorable Mention for best use of leaves, over at Nichole Heady's blog! I have never participated in the challenge before, so it was so fun to get mentioned! Thanks Nichole! :)

Supplies
Cardstock- (PTI) lemon tart, aqua mist, dark chocolate (Paper reflections) cream
Stamps- (PTI) signature greetings, (Martha Stewart) clear toy transportation
Ink- (SU!) close to cocoa, (Versamark) watermark
Other- (American Crafts) Zing clear embossing powder, wave decorative scissors, (The Paper Studio) yellow button, twine, foam adhesive


Have a Blessed night!

23 comments:

naomi chokr said...

shut up i love the boat!! this card is great

when do you need the cards for st. jude by? let me know

Kelley Eubanks said...

Congratulations! I saw that and meant to email you! I have been focused on card calls... how many did you get in? I will tell you in email... if you reply back... I made a bunch! I am tired! :) Your card is perfect!! So so cute!! So awesome that you got cards in today! I am itching to sign mine but I know that I will have more! So.. I am trying to wait and just mail one package! I have 13 so far and I am sure more to come! Anyway... I will shut up! :)

Rose said...

Hi Winter! CONGRATS about your card debut!!! How exciting! Love the sailboat card you created too :)

Alice said...

congrats on being published!! beautiful card for Dawn's challenge, too! love it!

Taheerah said...

Great, fun card Winter!! I saw your card in CARDS already as I have the online subscription - great work!! Hope I can make it into there some day!!

Ann said...

What a sweet card! And woot! woot! on your PTI mention! :D

Laurel said...

Love your card! Congrats on the mention at Nicole's, though I'm not surprised, you are very talented!

~amy~ said...

congrats on your pub and your booming card drive...

I love your card...it's absolutely fabulous!

Lee said...

Love this. All the dimension and texture! Great card.

Anonymous said...

Yay! You pulled out that fabby MS stamp set! :-) Love what you did w/the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Winter! Such adorable cards you are making!
I was wondering, could I get your email address please? I have a few cards to send to you for St. Jude, but have a couple of questions to ask you first. My email is hapemome {at} msn.com
Thanks!
~Chelsea

Vanessa said...

First, Congratulations on your HM!!! And your baby card is perfect! Love love love it!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Dawn said...

Congrats Winter! My first pub will be in there too. I am so excited and will definitely look for you! The card is amazing btw...as always. I love the way the colors look together on your card, they are perfectly balanced!

Courtney Baker said...

Oh so love this Dawn!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a crafty card, Winter! Way to go on the card calls and I'm looking forward to seeing your card in the February issue! My first is in April and I'm dying to see it! :)

Jessica said...

Super cute!! Love the 3D effect ;)

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card, Winter! Love the way the bloat floats off the waves!

Daniela F. said...

Love that boat and the little clouds above. Way cute! Congrats on being published aswell as for your honorable mentions!! It is very well deserved, Winter :)

Unknown said...

adorable card! congrats on the spotlight:)

Two Happy Stampers said...

How cute that your card is a "congrats" card, since that's why I'm here! To say congrats on being in Dawn's spotlight! Great job! =)

farmhouse-story said...

congrats, winter, on your win of the in the spotlight! your card is adorable!

Lindsay said...

Way to go! Your card is beautiful! Great Job!

Christiana said...

What a sweet little card! I love the way you popped it off. It almost seems as if the sailboat is going to start rocking back and forth and just sail away! Very nice job.