Friday, November 20, 2009

Embellish Magazine Brads Color Challenge

Hey everybody! Well Chance had his MRI done today, in a mobile MRI truck?! How weird is that?! We just started laughing when we got in there! The hospital is small, so they bring the MRI truck there once a week! As long as it works, I don't care! They sure charge you alot though! :) We won't know anything till maybe next week, but then we have Thanksgiving holiday's, so maybe the next week! We did notice something in his sinus cavity, maybe a polyp or something, I don't know? Just, still praying everything is fine!
I bought a little onesie for the baby's first Thanksgiving yesterday. Look how sweet, it's made using a babies hand! :)
Then I saw Kristina Werner had a cute Thanksgiving Turkey card today. My wheels started turning and I thought about the Embellish Challenge using the colors red, yellow, blue, and green and brads! So I came up with this. The pictures aren't the greatest, it's been really dark outside today! I think I will give it to our friends for Thanksgiving, along with the onesie for the baby! :)

Supplies:

Cardstock- (Georgia Pacific) white, All color cardstock is scraps from my stash

Stamp- (Stampcarft) Jive Alphabet

Ink- (StazOn) jet black

Brads- Paper Studio

ETA: I forgot to mention that my little ol' blog was mentioned on American Crafts and Dawn McVey's Twitter yesterday! Thanks Courtney for letting me know! :) Also my Plum Crazy card got a shout out from Cath and my Big Bow card was mentioned over at CARDS blog today! :) Thanks for all the encouragement, my friends! Ya'll are great! :) Also, don't forget about the EBTKS sketch! Still a couple more days to play!

17 comments:

Lisa said...

I'll be sure to keep your hubby in my prayers. Dh actually had a similar thing happen to him in '06 (only his headache was literally 24 hrs/nonstop for months). We know what that waiting game is like!

Dawn said...

This is too stinkin' cute! Congrats on being featured on the CARDS blog again! ;o)

A mobile MRI...now that's definitely a first for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for good results.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is adorable, Winter! LOVE it! ;)

Kelley Eubanks said...

Oh wow... that is awesome! How were they mentioned? I don't twitter so I have no clue how to even look that up! So glad that Chance got his MRI today! Your turkey card is great ... such a cute idea! Love the onesie as well!! Congrats again Winter! :)

Karen B. said...

Cute card: like the sentiment and colors and wouldn't have ever thought that a turkey would be perfect for that color challenge. Congratulations on your recognition too, you do very nice work and it is inspiring to browse your blog.

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Hey your Thanksgiving card is so cute! Also love your big bow card over at the Cards blog!!

Julie Martin said...

this is so so cute -- love your take on KW's card!! and I absolutely adore that sentiment...and that onesie is fantastic!!

Maureen said...

these are so adorable! How cute is that onesie!! Congrats on the blog shoutouts!! YAY!!

Christina Smith said...

I giggled when I saw your card! It's SO cute! Congrats on the tweet mentions. One day you'll be this famous card-maker and I'll be like, "Yup! I know her." *flips hair over shoulder* Haha! I didn't even know there was such a thing as an MRI truck! I will continue to pray!

Melisa Hunter said...

So cute! What a great idea to do a turkey in the primary colours!

Jessica said...

Oh Winter!!! I think this is simply adorable!! Clever idea and perfect match for the onesie :) Congrats on all the shout outs they are well deserved :) I'll continue praying for your husband.
Blessings

Heather Jensen said...

Very cute. Nice way to use these colors for Thanksgiving. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Lisa said...

What a seriously cute card & just perfect for Thanksgiving!!

My prayers go out to your husband, as well.

Daniela Hendea {PurpleD} said...

Lovely turkey card! Such an awesome idea!

marianagrigsby said...

Super cute colorful-happy-TURKEY!!!!! Love it! TFS

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Cute turkey, Winter! Thanks so much for participating in another challenge!

~kelly marie~ said...

Love your card!! SO cute!