Sunday, June 7, 2009

Scribble This Challenge #1

Happy Sunday everyone! I got a chance to play in a new challenge today! Lisa over at Sideoats + Scribbles is having a new challenge helping us with white balance. I really have learned a lot from it! My current camera does not have a custom white balance, but when I get my new one in the future I will now how to work the white balance correctly, so Thank You Lisa. So ya'll go by her blog and check out her challenges, I think she can really teach us something about taking pictures, I'm really excited to learn!! :) I also don't have Photo Shop, I have Photo Suite 4 that came on my laptop, so that's what I use. I have recently found an enhancement option on it and I think that it really captures the real look of the card! I have started using a daylight bulb in my little lamp to take pictures when there is no sunlight. I took these pictures about 7:00 p.m. , so not a lot of sunlight here. I made this card for my niece, she has a birthday on Tuesday, she will be 17! WOW time flies!! OK, so here are different lighting's.

Auto White Balance
Daylight White Balance (Not a big difference)
Fluorescent White Balance

Tungsten White Balance

Auto White Balance with Enhancement Photo Suite.
Another one from Auto White Balance with Enhancement from Photo Suite. (My Favorite)
Supplies:

Paper- My Mind's Eye, Kaleidoscope, white & brown CS

Stamps- PTI- Mega mixed messages, Studio G

Accessories- Offray-lime green satin ribbon, Martha Stewart bone folder for Score-lines

Have a Blessed Night!


9 comments:

Christina said...

Super cool!

Two Happy Stampers said...

The last two photos are definitely more vibrant and "real" looking! Great job! =)

Godelieve said...

The AWB setting is not bad at all! Great card, gorgeous color combo.

~kelly marie~ said...

This white balance thing sounds cool! I take all my pics at night which makes things hard. I photoshop them to look like daylight ... but it's not the same! What is a daylight bulb? That sounds like it would be good for me!

Also, the card is absolutely adorable! I love that bikini! Very cute!

Courtney Baker said...

That is cool. I took several photography classes in college, and there always seems like there is something else to learn. I'm going to check it out!

Laura B. said...

Great job on the challenge. I love that lime green, very cool! If only I could actually wear that bikini:)

Vinnit said...

Laptops - Compare and Buy Low Price Laptop Computers from Online Laptops Shop.

for more detail on laptops log on to http://www.naaptol.com/buy-online/WO-shopping-best-deals-W13O/computers_-_peripherals/laptops.html

Deb Rymer said...

Great job on this, Winter. I had every intention of doing this challenge - but ran out of time and energy on Sunday. I hope to do it anyway for the learning experience - and will definitely be following Lisa's new tutorials. Cheers!

Partywear saree said...

This is a nice post in an interesting line of content. Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion.