Thursday, June 11, 2009

Challenges

Hey! I'm back again! This is the first time I have ever combined three challenges into one. This card is for the Scribble This Challenge #2, where we are to work on color levels. If you want to learn more about taking pictures and making them look their best, go by and check out these challenges! First of all, I have taken about 1,000 pictures of this card! The lighting just seems to be great today for pictures (not good for a challenge working on color levels)! :) I did get a couple of darker pictures, these are the only ones that I used the eye dropper tool on, the other's turned TOO white. The other Challenge is for Digiments. That is where I got this great sentiment, they have some great ones over there! Go by and check them out! The next one is for Color Chef Challenge #10, where we are suppose to use the colors Black, White, and a punch of color (our choice). I just found this challenge yesterday and thought I would play along! Go by there and check it out, challenges are always fun! :) I made this card for my wonderful husband for our anniversary coming up on June 20. I tried to make it manly, I used scor lines and used little dots like Ashley did on her card. I hope he likes it!

Here are two of the darker before pictures.
Here are the same pictures with both steps done.

Here are some more pictures, with just the first step.
Supplies:
Paper- Turquoise, white, and black cs
Stamp- Studio G, PTI-mega mixed messages
Ink- StazOn-jet black
Accessories- Black satin ribbon, sentiment printed from Digiments, black marker for, bone folder for scor lines, hand drawn heart
Have a Blessed Night!

22 comments:

Rebecca said...

This is gorgeous! I love the black, white, and turquoise together. It's a very stunning combination. And the score lines do a fabulous job of framing it. Thanks for playing along with the Digiments challenge.

Kristen H said...

Love these cards, and the tut on how to fix dark pics. Very nice. Your family is beautiful.
My friend lives in Texas and had a funnel cloud go over their house last night. I hope you didn't have the same. (I know Texas is HUGE), my friend has been without power for 24 hours.

Love and Light!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I so want to play with the camera challenges, but i have a point and shoot and can't seem to find the same features. Love the card- thanks so much for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Love your card and what a difference adjusting the white level makes.

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Wow! Looks fabulous! The white really pops! Beautiful job.

Andrea said...

Its great.

lalalla said...

great effect! I love this card and final result:)

Anonymous said...

I love this card and all the angles you shot with your camera. I too have a point and shoot, but I play around and get some great shots with it...try it KJ you might be surprised....JUST Love this card and thanks for playing along.

Alanna said...

Great job with your card and love that punch of color. Great job with the photos and fixing some of them. That's something I definitely need practice on.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your nice comment.

Courtney Baker said...

Wow those look great! I have GOT to do those.

Congrats on making the spotlight too! Your card was wonderful.

Dana Gustafson said...

Cool Winter! I haven't been brave enough to crack the camera manual and Lisa's tutorials look doable. Your example is amazing!

Kristina said...

Wow! They really popped when you adjusted the levels! And this card looks great. Love that teal-y color!

Kim J said...

Gorgeous job, Winter! Okay, I'm off to learn about levels and white balance and other good things from Lisa. . . . :)

Crafty Jenn said...

I think your husband will love this card...because I do! I really like your border stamp. Nice job on the CCC#10 and thank you for your comment. :0)

Stacey Schafer said...

gorgeous!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, this is fabulous! Love the color combo and the layout and the darling argyle at the bottom!

Anonymous said...

That black and turquoise is just fine! Love the boldness!

And who can't get enough of argyle??? Awesome!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Your pictures look awesome, Winter! Of course your husband will LOVE it! =D

~Lori Roop said...

What a great versatile card! Great job with the colors Winter!

Anonymous said...

Great card and wonderful editing! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog :)

Unknown said...

What a difference :D Love your card!

Jessica said...

Great editing and lovely card. Congrats on your new stamps :0)