Card Drive is now Closed!!!
It's my Blogs 7 year anniversary this month, and I don't know a better way to celebrate it, but having another Card Drive for all those precious kids on Valentine's Day! I will be collecting cards for many Hospitals and hope to add more! :)
Last year's Card Drive was another HUGE success! We collected 3,971 cards and sent them to 12 hospitals, 2 orphanages, and to a little girl who was fighting cancer and to her two brothers. I'm happy to report that she is doing Great! :) I'm praying that this years card drive, is even better and reaches even more kids! :)
As always, here are some of the guidelines from the hospital's and a few of mine.
(Please read carefully.)
* Cards need to be a Valentine theme.
* Cards can't have anything about 'Get Well Soon', 'Feel Better', or anything reminding them of being sick. (Only Valentine Cards)
* Please make cards that can be used for any gender or age. (This could be a little tricky, but I think you can handle it!) :)
* NO buttons, glitter, sequins, rhinestones, brads, or anything that can be pulled off and become a chocking hazard.
* Cards MUST be able to fit into a 4 1/2 X 5 3/4 envelope (A2 size, but can be smaller, just not bigger). I CANNOT use them if they are bigger! (I will provide clear envelopes for each card, so there is no need to send an envelopes with your card.) The clear envelopes make it easier when they hand them out to the kids.
* You can include a message in the inside, but please remember, nothing reminding them of being sick. (Maybe just a Valentine sentiment.) You can also sign your first name and what state you are from ONLY, no last names and cities! No religious sentiments either, as most of the hospitals are non denominational in their beliefs.
* And Do Not add your blog addresses to your cards! Some hospitals have rules against patients knowing who the donors are.
*I will be excepting cards for the whole month of January. (Jan. 1 - Jan. 30) Please do not send any after that, because I have to send them off early, so they will get to the hospitals in time for Valentine's Day. And please make sure you allow enough time for shipping as well. At the end of the month, I will draw names for prizes.The more cards you send, the more times your name goes into the drawing to win prizes. Let your kids get involved too! I will be adding more prizes and sponsors, often. :)
* Please send a piece of paper with your name, address, email address, and the amount of cards you sent. (It will help when I have the drawings.) A lot of the prizes will be sent from the sponsor, so I NEED to have your email address for sure!
*And Please NO smoking around the cards! You may not realize that they smell like smoke, but they do and it could effect the children who are already sick!
*Please send cards to me at:
"Cards From the Heart Card Drive"
P.O. Box 754
Warren, TX 77664
* If anyone wants to donate a prize for the drawings, please email me with the details at firstname.lastname@example.org .
*You are welcome to use the Card Drive badge on your blog to spread the word, just remember to save it to your computer first.
*If you have a hospital in mind that might want some cards, please send me the contact info and I will email them.
I know it seems like there are A LOT of rules, but they are the hospital's rules and we want to obey them, to keep the kids safe. So I hope you will join us again for another great year and help us put some smiles on those sweet kids faces on Valentines Day! :)
If you have any questions, please just send me and email at:
Here is the Sponsor Page.
Have a Blessed New Year!,