Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

Hey everybody! Well today is Good Friday, and this day means so much to me! It is the day that my Lord and Savior suffered and died so I wouldn't have to and so that I might be with Him again one day! It is a very bitter sweet day. Sad that he had to hurt & suffer, but very thankful that He took my place. I wanted to share a scripture and a video with you today that is perfect for this day. But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our sins; the punishment that brought us peace was upon Him, and by His wounds we are healed. Isaiah 53:5

I don't know how to upload a video on Blogger yet, so here is the link. It is such a good song. I was listening to it a couple of days ago in the car. And when I woke up this morning, this song was on my heart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdCSU_IrNXg

I wanted to give everyone a update on Chance. He stayed sick all day again yesterday, but when Chace came home from school yesterday he went in the room to check on his Daddy. Chace asked his Daddy if he could pray for him! :) He prayed and seriously, Chance was out of the bed about 30 to 45 mins later and was up for the rest of the night! He even preformed a wedding yesterday! It was a very small wedding at our house. The groom is someone who is so special to our family and it is so nice to see him fall in love again after being widowed for about 4 yrs.!
So Chance woke up this morning felling GREAT and he is back to work! We have had about 6 A/C calls just this morning! I think the Lord just held off all the work 'til Chance was better! He is always taking care of His children! Thank You Jesus! :)

Have a very Blessed day!

6 comments:

Kelley Eubanks said...

Amen.... so glad that Chance is better! I have my first 'check up' on Monday! Would you ask Chace to pray for good results... :) !! I would appreciate it!

One Scrappy Gal said...

I'm so glad that Chance is better. It is beautiful for your son to pray for his Daddy, and even more wonderful that God answered his prayer so immediately! Praise him!

Maureen said...

so inspiring, Winter...what a great sign of all that He does for us...we just have to be open to the miracles He sends our ways :) Happy Easter to you and your family :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

God is GOOD--Thank you, Jesus, for dying for our sins! Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter-thank you for sharing this video and reflection on the greatest sacrifice!

ps...so glad that Chance is better! HOOORAY for prayers from the heart of children!

Janelle said...

What a sweet, sweet story of God hearing and answering the prayers of child for his daddy. And what a great memory for all of you, but especially Chace to hold on to as he grows and has other life challenges to pray about. He'll always be able to draw on that memory of how God hears and answers. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!
Love that song and enjoyed the video, too. Funny -- I talked a bit about Good Friday and put a video on my blog yesterday, too. Great minds, right?
Easter blessings to you!

Helen F. said...

This is such an inspiring video and story of your husband and son! I am so happy Chance is better ~ Thank the Lord. Have a Blessed Easter.