Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Traveler's Inspiration Challenge {4}

Hello everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, we decided to start back to school shopping! We went yesterday to get all the school supplies! I started shopping for my son's school supplies, and was almost finished, when my daughter says, Momma your getting 2nd grade, Chace is going to third! :) I knew that, but trying to get two kids school supplies at the same time, and they are both wanting you to do theirs first, I guess it slipped my mind! :) So after putting all the supplies back, I had to start over! :) Then my son started football practice yesterday, and my husband is helping coach, so he went with him, and I got to do Tina (aka TravelingMama's) Traveler's Inspiration Challenge. I have gotten to play in all of them so far, and I am glad because it has gotten me motivated to do some layouts again! Thanks Tina! The first challenge I had a card, here, but the other two I did a layout, here and here. This challenge I made a 8.5 X 11 layout first, then with the scraps, I made a card too! The inspiration picture is from the talented Savitri. I loved this picture and all the amazing colors in it, so that is where the inspiration came to me! I love this picture in the layout, my kids look like little models or something! :) The picture really just shows how much they love each other! That's where I got the title for the page, "Blessed". I am truly Blessed by them! :) I wanted the orangey background paper to look like the stucco wall, so I wadded my paper up and then smoothed it out and rubbed VersaMark watermark over it, and added some black like the hardware in the picture and of course the pop of red (my favorite part), and they had blue clothes on , but I added another little pop of blue too, and stitched some ribbon! And for the card I just used some scraps, with the same color scheme! So here they are! Supplies:
{Blessed- layout}
Paper-My Mind's Eye, white, black, & red cs
Stamp- Stampabilities-Polka Dot Background, Target $ spot-alphabet stamp
Ink-Versamark- watermark, StazOn-jet black, Versamark-white
Accessories- negative chipboard letter, white grosgrain ribbon, white thread- sewing machine, buttons- Bag-O-Buttons, white crocheting thread, circle punch

{HELLO card}
Paper-My Mind's Eye, white & black cs
Stamp- Stampabilities- Polka Dot Background, Studio G-HELLO, Studio G- owl
Ink- StazOn-jet black
Accessories-Red grosgrain ribbon, black thread-sewing machine, circle punch, hand drawn branch

Have a Blessed day!

13 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Winter I'm in love with your card. I can't believe you just used scraps it's fantastic! And how cute are your kiddos!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, fabulous layout and card!! Love the scrunchy ribbon and clean look, and that owl is precious! Too funny about your shopping for school supplies! Your kids are real beauties!

Kelley Eubanks said...

Wow... I love your card. Your layout is great as well! I love the ribbon on both! Cute kiddos!! :)

Tiffany said...

Love love love!! You are so talented!

Maureen said...

These are amazing! Love all the texture on the scrapbook page...the kids are adorable :) Love the clean lines of the card...just fabulous!

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness...what a super layout and that card is fabulous!!!

Christina Smith said...

So cute! I love all of the creations! That's funny about getting the supplies for the wrong grade! Oops! I can't believe it's already 'back to school' shopping! Whew!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Winter, love your page and card! The gathered ribbon on both of them is a great element!

Dotty Jo said...

Great page and card Winter. Your kids are so beautiful!!!!

Lynnette said...

WONDERFUL! Love the layout, and seeing your adorable kiddos.

SmilynStef said...

Those are both so cool ... love the ruffled ribbon.

Traveling Mama said...

Back to school shopping already??! Wow! The summers fly by, don't they? I love BOTH of your designs! WOWZA! Your kids are SO cute! And your card is amazing! Hope you have a great weekend! Have you gotten your slippers yet? I cannot wait for you to get them!
Hugs from Morocco!

~kelly marie~ said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love that ribbon!